Congrats to Jedd for having his artwork selected! For more details about Into the Pixel check out: http://www.intothepixel.com :)
Project Spark – The ultimate creation game that lets anyone build unique and instantly playable levels, experiences, and worlds, Project Spark will showcase exciting new content on Xbox One and Windows 8.1 at PAX East. In addition to Team Dakota, the development team behind Project Spark, providing hands-on and guided demos of the game, several of Project Spark’s superstar community members will showcase their own games and levels created within the game. Consumers who come by the booth and try the game for themselves can receive an exclusive “Pinny Arcade” pin (limited quantity).
Project Spark Panel - Playing is Creating: How to transform from an everyday gamer to a creative visionary with Project Spark
Saturday, April 12th 12:00 PM | Albatross Theatre
Have the dream of creating your perfect game? Interested in seeing what an engaged and passionate community can create? Do you love playing new, different, and unique games? Join Team Dakota as we share the vision and reality of the limitless possibilities of Project Spark. We will showcase some of the amazing games, worlds, and content that our community has created. Learn more about Project Spark: Where Players Create and Creators Play. Currently available in beta and launching soon on Xbox One, Xbox 360, and Windows 8.1!
Project Spark Update 4/9/2014 (Xbox One & Windows 8)
We’re in the process of pushing out an update for the Xbox One and Windows 8 versions of the Project Spark beta to address several issues, including the following:
-Stinger sound files can now play over music files in the remixer. Have fun adding your drum tracks to your remix of LinkSpark’s ‘Guilty All the Same’ level!
- Fixed several audio bugs related to LP’s GATS level.
- Resolved several crashes that would occur in Crossroads.
- Fixed an issue that made the World Picker do all sorts of strange unintended things at times.
- Players are now able to rate a level at any time. (instead of only after playing it)
- Resolved an issue that would sometimes cause level description text to appear cut off.
- Updated the 12 month Spark Premium offer to correctly display the 12 additional permanent upload slot bonus.
- Resolved several issues that could cause crashes on Xbox One.
- Made some overall performance improvements on both Xbox One and Windows 8, with many more to come.
- We continue to tweak our challenge and reward system based on community feedback.
We have some exciting news to share with everyone around some updates to the challenge system that are rolling out at any moment. This change should result in more engaging challenges and enable more players to complete challenges and earn more of their max potential rewards.
As we continue to evolve Project Spark, listen to feedback, and expand functionality we continue to tune and hone in on some key goals.
This update focuses on several of these goals:
- Make challenges feel less like a grind and more like a reward for playing, creating, and experimenting.
- Provide players with more variety over time. Less constant daily challenges, and more rotating challenges every day.
- Reward great creators in more satisfying ways and reward more creators in general, this includes rewarding every player for every Download and Up Vote they receive.
- While as mentioned above, the potential max XP/Credits players can earn each week should be similar, with these changes more players should be able to earn more of that potential max.
- Make challenges more reliable by addressing several bugs.
- New infinitely repeatable mini challenges for every Up Vote and Download you receive.
- New Daily Challenge just for logging in.
- New Daily Challenge for adding enemies to a level in create mode.
- Daily Up Vote and Download challenges replaced with Weekly Up Vote and Download challenges.
- “Spark Power Reloaded” challenge replaced with “Marketplace Hero” challenge. Get 1000 credits for purchasing your first content pack (excluding Spark Premium) in the marketplace. Purchase can be made with Tokens or Credits. Credit Unlocks count too.
- Added Challenges for “Knights Combat School” side quests in Crossroads.
- Sculpt and Paint challenges reduced from 3 min to 1 min.
- Rotating Brain challenges and Tile Experiment challenges condensed into one of the daily challenge slots.
- Rotating Sculpt, Paint, Prop, and Add Brain Tile challenges condensed into one of the daily challenge slots.
- Some broken challenges removed from the rotation until we can fix them.
As a reminder, you can view Challenges by clicking on your profile in the top right corner or pressing the View button on Xbox One. From there, select the challenges tab. There are three more tabs in this section, all filled with a variety of challenges to go after. Timed challenges represent daily and weekly challenges that frequently change. Milestones feature more long term focused rewards for players to earn over time during the course of play. Goals feature one time rewards for experimenting and completing specific goals.
We’re excited to roll this update out, and look forward to your feedback.
** Note ** Weekly challenges reset at 2am each Friday
Team Dakota, the creators of the highly-popular Xbox One and Windows 8 creation game, Project Spark, announced today that they’ve added a new product line to the Project Spark franchise. “Project Spark: The Board Game” is expected to be on store shelves later this year, in time for the Holiday season.
The board game attempts to capture the spirit of user creation that is the essence of the Project Spark brand, and will sport many different game modes that allow users the option to play and create in a variety of different ways.
- Marker mode allows players to color the game board and breathe life into the cards, including a palette of 6 robust marker colors to offer the widest possible range of creative expression.
- Scissor mode puts the power of component creation into the hands of players like never before, allowing them to shape characters, cards, terrain, weapons, and more.
- Brain mode offers players the option to craft their own game rules using plain-spoken language tailored to personal tastes of the player and her friends.
“Project Spark: The Board Game” was designed from the ground up with multiplayer in mind, and will have full out-of-the-box multiplayer support for up-to 4 players. Team Dakota plans to continue growing and evolving the “Project Spark: The Board Game” by releasing Supplemental Rules Content (SRC) packs based on various themes.
Learn more about “Project Spark: The Board Game” at www.projectspark.com and look for it at your favorite retailer this holiday season!
Linkin Park and Team Dakota partnered together to create the world’s first interactive music video, and now we want YOU to make your own. Share your own creation with a remix of the “Guilty All the Same” song in Project Spark, (or remix the LinkSpark level itself, if you dare!), to show the world what you can do. Team Dakota will create a video of the top remixes, with input from Joe and Mike from Linkin Park, that will be shown at this year’s E3 Expo.
- Include [LP] in your level name for inclusion in the special LinkinSpark feed.
- Use the hashtag #linkinspark on social media to let the world know what you’ve created.
- Create a video of your remix for inclusion on the Linkin Spark Upload channel and the Project Spark Youtube channel.
Or ignore our advice completely and make your own rules. This is about you. What are you waiting for?
Team Dakota has been hard at work with our close friends from Linkin Park, to create the first-ever entirely remixable interactive music video experience. Check out the official music video below, and jump into Project Spark to put your music skills to the test at remixing Linkin Park’s newest single, “Guilty All the Same.”
Mike Shinoda from Linkin Park playing the new level with Team Dakota designer Rusty McLellan.
Team Dakota is releasing an update to the Xbox One and Windows 8 version of Project Spark.
- Spark Time has been removed. Time, time, time is on your side, yes it is.
- Searching for UGC will now clearly let the user know when it is “Syncing” and when there are “No Results Found.”
- User profiles now show the number of followers.
- Fixed an issue that affected boom camera operation on the Xbox One.
- Fixed a crash that occasionally happened in association with new followers.
- Changed movement operation to not add velocity to an object, to increase performance.
- Updated the UI to reflect the change of “Spark Power” to “Spark Premium”.
- Fixed crash caused by using redo operation on a river placed with the Biome Brush.
- Improved explanation of difference between types of save operations. (more work to come)
- Improved memory usage while using “brush” operations in Create mode.
- Made some minor graphic performance improvements.
- Made some minor performance improvements to Crossroads gameplay.
- Improved the speed of asset loading when the game is first started, since it was annoying everyone, especially us.
- Several fixes for undo/redo system issues.
- Remixing your own level no longer saves it to a new UID by default. (You should still take care to ensure you’re remixing the level you want to update)
- UGC search results no longer return your own unpublished levels.
- Renamed several UGC feeds for better clarity.
Stuff We’re Working On For Future Updates:
- Cloud Save Re-Architecture – We need to fix this the right way.
- Improve Resource Loading At Game Start to make it even faster.
- We tracked down and discovered the AWOL audio files. We are telling them to straighten up, act right and stop disappearing from the game. We expect after this fix they will act more responsibly.
- Holding a button on the controller will skip through menus.
- Updating the Safe Zone a small amount reduces the Marketplace pack list to one row.
- Lots of additional crash fixes
- More performance improvements across the board.
- Improved Font size and clarity
- Investigating an issue on Xbox One where dialog boxes are improperly prompting users to get the latest update.
- Some users on Xbox One may need to do a hard boot to resolve any update completion issues. (Hold down power button for 10 seconds or completely power down console for 30 seconds)
- In character studio, attachments can be placed, but cannot be moved/scaled/rotated. (in character studio). These actions can be performed outside character studio.
- Investigating an issue where some older levels are not opening properly with the new update. HItting the continue button may cause a crash, but exiting the level should return the user to the main menu. (All levels should be loadable from the Project tab)
Sure, you could get by with the bare minimum. But just like Project Spark, flair is all about expressing yourself!
If you’re at PAX East, stop by our booth to meet Team Dakota and many of our most dedicated community members from twitch.tv/projectsparkcommunity. You just may become the proud owner of an exclusive Project Spark Pinny Arcade pin. They’re sure to go fast so make sure you stop by early!
You can also check out our panel on Saturday, 4/12 for some insight on the behind-the-scenes making of Project Spark. (http://east.paxsite.com/schedule/panel/playing-is-creating-how-to-transform-from-an-everyday-gamer-to-a-creative-v).